· 1lb cod fillet skin off cut into 4oz portions
· 1 lemon, cut into wedges
· 4 pita bread 7”
· 1 tablespoon sumac
· 1/4 red cabbage, finely shaved
· 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
· salt and pepper
1. For the tzatziki, combine all the ingredients in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and set aside for later use.
2. For the tabbouleh, bring the water to the boil in a small pot. Pour the boiling water over the cracked wheat in a bowl and wrap with cling film, let rest for 15 minutes. Once the wheat has cooled, fluff with a fork. Finely chop the parsley, dice the tomatoes and red onion, and add them to the wheat. Season with olive oil, lemon juice and salt. Set aside.
3. For the hummus, in a food processor, combine the tahini and lemon juice and process for 1 minute. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then process for 30 seconds more. This extra time helps “whip” the tahini, making the hummus smooth and creamy. Add the olive oil, minced garlic, cumin, and a ½ tsp of salt to the whipped tahini and lemon juice. Process for 30 seconds. Add half of the chickpeas to the food processor and process for 1 minute. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl, then add remaining chickpeas and process until thick and smooth. Put aside.
4. Season the cod with salt and pepper. In a large skillet heat the olive oil on a high heat. Grill the cod for 4 minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
5. To serve, lightly toast the pita in a medium oven, smear 2 tablespoon of hummus and tzatziki on the pita. Place the grilled cod on top then add 2 large scopes of tabbouleh. Finish with shaved cabbage, a slice of lemon and pinch of sumac.
Copyright © 2018 Red Perch - All Rights Reserved.